SO >… the solution. TADA!
How to Sell or Trade Books and Records at Millpond
Bring down your books or records any time the store is open. We will take your information and try to have a look within 1-2 days. We will call you to confirm next steps*. Please read below about what types of books and records we are generally interested in.
We also run an auction site where it is possible to consign your entire collection for quick sale for cash. Talk to us for best options.
Buying/Trading for Records
We are always interested in new collections of vinyl, mostly focusing on the following genres: Open to purchase or Trade of the following….
- Blues / Blues Rock
- Post Punk / Post Rock / Garage
- Jazz / Soul
- Hop Hop
- Indie / Punk
We will buy or trade for 78s, 45s, CDs, tapes, or other forms of physical music. Especially interested in old shellac one sided records, like those from Berliner Gramophone .
Trading for Books
We are currently trading for books, and/or we will accept donations.
This policy will change soon as the transition to the new location and space is completed. I envision a lively trading platform reinvigorated after the move to 49 Cedar Street location ( sharing space with a busy antiques store, Green Spot Antiques & a busy auction site TwoJJs Auctions
We do trade books for store credit (which can be used to purchase other books only), and are always interested in trade-ins or donations of books in great shape. We tend to look for books in the following genres:
- Science Fiction
- Recent Current Affairs / Politics
- Nature / Environment
- Music Biographies
- Music history
- Children’s books of all ages
- Young Adult fiction
- Antique or collectible books.
- Trade manuals (carpentry, welding, cabin building, etc. such as Audel’s)
* If you leave items at the store to be assessed, you must be available to be contacted, and we reserve the right to dispose of any unclaimed books and records after a period of 1 week if we are not able to get in touch with you (we have a small space and cannot store things for long periods of time). All trade credit notes are valid for one year from time of transaction. Record credit notes can be used to purchase books or records. Book credit notes can be used to purchase books only.
Due to COVID-19 Protocols Millpond is not currently buying or trading lps during open hours. Please read the info below on how to go about selling or trading your lps.
1) Used Vinyl : Please email us a list, we’d be happy to chat about what sort of records you are looking to part with. Albums and jackets need to be in excellent shape to be considered for purchase. If we are interested in the lps we can arrange a time for them to be dropped off before we open. Please email or call us to get in touch. 519-623-4050 / email@example.com
2) Used Cds can be accepted as a donation, they need to be in excellent shape to be considered for resale, so that being said any titles we cannot use we donate to our neighbourhood YWCA Thrift Store. Used cds are not big sellers these days, but this system prevents them from going in the landfill if you are looking to make space and part with them. If you have a higher end cd collection such as box sets, or specific genres such as Metal, Jazz & Hip-Hop these can be considered for purchase or store credit. Please email or call us and let us know what you are looking to part with and we can go from there. 519-623-4050 / firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Cassettes: Same deal as used CDs, but looking for tapes that are nice and clean and still function!
Shipping: We are able to deliver curbside,to your door, or by package, depending on your needs. just call us at 519-623-4050 to inquire about special delivery or pickup options.
NEW BOOK OR RECORD ORDERS:
We take orders for NEW ITEMS, books or records: Full payment for item at time of order, no refunds, no exchanges, no changes to order will be allowed after order is placed by us. Unfortunately with NEW items there may be in stock or backorder issues… we are not able to resolve these…. so you must be patient and await arrival. We will not issue refunds due to late backorders or items not in stock from our suppliers. We will only offer store credit vouchers for these circumstances.