How to Sell or Trade Books and Records at Millpond
Bring down your books or records any time the store is open. We will take your information and try to have a look within 1-2 days. We will call you to confirm next steps*. Please read below about what types of books and records we are generally interested in.
We also run an auction site where it is possible to consign your entire collection for quick sale for cash. Talk to us for best options.
Buying/Trading for Records
We are always interested in new collections of vinyl, mostly focusing on the following genres: Open to purchase or Trade of the following….
- Blues / Blues Rock
- Post Punk / Post Rock / Garage
- Jazz / Soul
- Hop Hop
- Indie / Punk
We will buy or trade for 78s, 45s, CDs, tapes, or other forms of physical music. Especially interested in old shellac one sided records, like those from Berliner Gramophone .
Trading for Books
We are currently trading for books, and/or we will accept donations.
(Books are coming soon……. getting space and bookcases ready as we speak)
This policy will change soon as the transition to the new location and space is completed. I envision a lively trading platform reinvigorated after the move to 49 Cedar Street location ( sharing space with a busy antiques store, Green Spot Antiques & a busy auction site TwoJJs Auctions
We do trade books for store credit (which can be used to purchase other books only), and are always interested in trade-ins or donations of books in great shape. We tend to look for books in the following genres:
- Science Fiction
- Recent Current Affairs / Politics
- Nature / Environment
- Music Biographies
- Music history
- Children’s books of all ages
- Young Adult fiction
- Antique or collectible books.
- Trade manuals (carpentry, welding, cabin building, etc. such as Audel’s)
* If you leave items at the store to be assessed, you must be available to be contacted, and we reserve the right to dispose of any unclaimed books and records after a period of 1 week if we are not able to get in touch with you (we have a small space and cannot store things for long periods of time). All trade credit notes are valid for one year from time of transaction. Record credit notes can be used to purchase books or records. Book credit notes can be used to purchase books only.
Shipping: We are able to deliver curbside,to your door, or by package, depending on your needs. just call us at 519-623-4050 to inquire about special delivery or pickup options.